Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 2, 2010

My Head Is A Gyroscope.

Dictionary.com defines Gyroscope like this:
an apparatus consisting of a rotating wheel so mounted that itsaxis can turn freely in certain or all directions, and capable ofmaintaining the same absolute direction in space in spite ofmovements of the mountings and surrounding parts: used tomaintain equilibrium, determine direction, etc.

Yes. That's how my head feels right now. My body is the "fixed position" and my head is freely rotating in all directions. I am able to "maintain equilibrium", so I have that going for me.
This is all due to choice. I'm blessed with the ability to choose - a luxury problem indeed. That said, it still feels like my head is spinning at planetary velocity.The other day I petitioned the Time Gods to extend the day to twenty-six hours to see if that would help, but they didn't go for it. Today, rather that trying to alter the space-time continuum, I will pause...

There. That's better. In the pause I picture pulling apart this moment-to-moment day to experience a brief period in time in slow motion. I breathe, deep. In the slow-mo I remember that 1) This is exactly what I've been wanting and 2) I'm getting what I want.
Wow! That's pretty cool. In just a few paragraphs I've gone from feeling like my head is spinning like a top to slow motion gratitude. I am calm now. Ahhhh...
Perfect time to write my Grateful list. Once again I missed posting it yesterday, so here it is:

Grateful list 7/1/10
1) Internet banking
2) The weather!
3) Fluff reading
4) Connecting with old friends
5) Oreos dunked in coffee

Grateful list 7/2/10
1) As stated above, the ability to choose.
2) My father
3) Freedom to express
4) The summer wind blowing through my office
5) New day, new possibilities

Share your Gratitude in the comments box. Try it. See how it can positively effect your day. Start a shift.

Robert Dioguardi, CPCC
Visceral Coaching
Certified Empowerment Coach
www.visceralcoaching.com
Where do you want to be in 30 days?
Enroll in the 30 Day Visceral Goals Intensive.
Commit Yourself /Achieve Your Goals/Create Your Future

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am grateful for:

1. Forward Bends
2. My clients
3. A big cup of Jasmine Tea in the morning.
4. Fans (the cooling kind)
5. Heart to Heart chats