Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Balance & Goals

Ahhhhh….February is gone. The first day of spring is steadily approaching. And what a complement it will be to a snowy, blustery winter. It reminds me of the need to strike a balance between ourselves and the changing environment. I am a warm weather person and Anna, my wife, is a cold weather person. We enjoy opposite seasons and through each others enthusiasm for them, we strike an energy balance in each others lives. In the middle of February, with the temperature in single digits, Anna will sit up in the morning, take a deep breath and give me that “Isn’t-it-a-wonderful-day?” look. I usually pull the covers over my head to get the extra seven minutes of snooze time before the alarm goes off again. In August, when the sun is at its warmest, I don’t even need the alarm clock. My mind and body gets up and gently taps me on the shoulder to say “rise and shine”. I turn around to look at Anna with the same “Isn’t-it-a-wonderful-day?” look, only to be met with a grunt.

Now, don’t get me wrong, in the winter I can be found enjoying long walks in the snow with Anna and our dog Luna, or doing a bit of cross-country skiing - Swedish style - as I did over the Christmas holiday. Ans during the summer months, Anna can be found playing beach volleyball, beach-combing or diving through the waves of the ocean right next to me. What’s great about that is neither one of us would have even thought of partaking in each others’ activities had we not met and been willing to strike the balance that co-exists between us. It’s that balance that allows us to both advance and learn in our lives. In the balance we gain clarity to focus on our goals and aspirations.

The symbolism of spring – the rebirth, the rejuvenation of ones self is a powerful tool to harness.

What does this transition of seasons present for you?

Take a moment to check in with what’s in or out of balance in your life.
Mother Nature will be rebalancing her scales soon, what would it be like for you to do the same? To take stock in your goals and get clarity on the direction you’re heading? To rebalance your habits & behaviors so they get you where you want to go? To change….yup to change; to be conscious of purpose.
Visceral Coaching will give you clarity,balance and purpose so you can achieve your goals. Check out www.visceralcoaching.com for more details on private one on one coaching, group coaching and a the five week Balance & Goals Coaching Program.

No comments: